February 20, 2012

Easy Alfredo Sauce



In my constant efforts to find something my daughter will eat I decided to try this Alfredo recipe.  As a kid I used to love Fettuccine Alfredo so I thought she would too.  Well, she did eat some of it but then decided she didn't like it.  I however LOVED it.  My husband ate the leftovers and he loved it too. My daughter is nuts.  Clearly she doesn't know good food when she tastes it.

The cream cheese made the sauce really smooth and yummy.  I wouldn't really put this in the "diet" category but if you're looking for something quick and different for dinner you should give this a try.


Alfredo Sauce
Recipe found at "All Recipes" here


  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 cups milk
  • 6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a non-stick sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.  Add the cream cheese and garlic powder and whisk until smooth.  Add the milk a little at a time so it'll stay smooth.  Add the Parmesan and black pepper (I used white pepper so my daughter would eat it) and whisk.  Sauce will thicken as it cooks.  Remove from the heat when the desired consistency is reached.  When reheating or if the sauce gets too thick just add a little milk. 

No comments: