June 13, 2012

Pepperoncini Shrimp


Lookie what we had for dinner last night! I have to say that I'm a big fan of this recipe. I love pepperoncini's so when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. My husband has recently started a pretty strict diet and can't eat very many carbohydrates so this recipe was perfect. 

I didn't have 48 large shrimp like this recipe calls for but I didn't change anything and it still turned out fantastic.  The recipe below is just as it's written.



Start by making the pepperoncini oil.  Lot's of flavor in this oil.  You could use the leftover oil in a dressing if you wanted to.

Coat the shrimp in the oil before cooking. Add the coated shrimp to a skillet and cook on each side (for about 2 minutes on each side) until they turn pink.  Don't overcook, you don't want rubbery shrimp.

After cooking; add the cooked shrimp back in the bowl with the leftover pepperoncini oil to coat again.

I thought the flavor was perfect, it didn't overpower the taste of the shrimp but still have it a nice little tang. This would even be good served over a salad.  Try it and let me know what you think!

Pepperoncini Shrimp
Found in Giada De Laurentiis Cookbook "Giada's Family Dinners"

48 large shrimp
4 tsp pepperoncini oil (recipe below)
salt and pepper to taste

Mix 4 tsp of pepperoncini oil with the uncooked shrimp in a medium sized bowl.  When covered with oil, place the shrimp in a skillet over high heat.  Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.  When pink, remove the shrimp from the pan and place back in the bowl with the leftover oil and coat again before serving. Salt and pepper to taste.

Pepperoncini Oil
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped pepperoncini
1 Tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium skillet over medium heat add the oil, pepperoncini and garlic.  Cook for a couple of minutes until the oil is aromatic.  Season with salt and pepper and let cool to room temperature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I actually think this web site needs much more attention.
I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!
my site - goedkope last minute wintersport vakantie