April 23, 2014

Muffin Melts


Breakfasts around here are one of the times that I like to try new recipes best.  The reason for this? Because I'm not a huge breakfast eater.  I like dinner food for breakfast, for the most part, however I do not indulge in that most of the time.  I force myself to eat "normal" breakfast food.  

This recipe was a nice go-between for me.  It has all the ingredients of breakfast food but with the added flavors from the Dijon and Worcestershire sauce.  The Pioneer Woman calls these make ahead muffin melts, and that's a good way to describe them, because they do take a little bit of planning beforehand to get them on the table.  I cut the recipe in half and still had leftovers, which were also very good reheated.  I liked the different layers of flavor, and the chewy English muffin on the bottom. Great recipe for a crowd and easy to transport. 

Muffin Melts
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman


Ingredients
  • 12 slices bacon
  • 12 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 heaping Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
  • 6 English muffins, split
Cooking Directions
  1. Fry the bacon slices until chewy and slightly crisp.
  2. Chop the bacon into pieces.
  3. Peel and cut the hard-boiled eggs into a rough chop.
  4. Add the cheese, bacon, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl and combine.
  5. Cut the English muffins in half and pile on the topping, evenly over the 12 sides of muffins.
  6. Broil for 3-4 minutes in the lower portion of your oven. The cheese should be melted.

No comments: