April 2, 2014

Secret Buffalo Wing Sauce



It's not uncommon in my house for either my husband or I to just have a sudden wing craving.  We love them!  Some nights you just gotta have wings and they are so easy it seems silly not to cave in an make them.  Granted, this recipe does require a small amount of time to throw the sauce recipe together, but it's very likely that you have all of the ingredients on hand AND it doesn't need that much time to simmer.  I had the wings and sauce done in about 30 minutes or less.

This isn't your typical wing sauce, in lots of ways it isn't typical but it's so very flavorful.  I found myself wishing I had some bread to sop of up leftover sauce with.  It's not spicy so I gave some to my daughter to try and sadly, but predictably, she didn't like it.  But she doesn't like anything.

Feel free to spice yours up by adding more hot sauce or some minced jalapeño. I truly loved this sauce, it's got a lot of butter in it so that's probably one reason I loved it, but it's also got a lot of complex flavors that melted together so nicely.

I will absolutely make this recipe again.  No doubt about it!

Secret Buffalo Wing Sauce
Recipe from Food Network Sierra's Grandma's Secret Buffalo Wing Sauce


Ingredients
  • 1 stick butter
  • 4 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 5 Tbsp tomato sauce
  • 1/4 tsp garlic
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp white pepper
  • 1/4 tsp chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp oregano, fresh or dried
  • dash beer
  • dash hot sauce (I used Franks)
Cooking Directions
  1. This recipe is enough for about 20 pieces of cooked chicken wings.
  2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar.
  3. Use a whisk and add the remaining ingredients, adding the beer last to taste.
  4. Cook over low heat until smooth and the flavors have melded, about 10 minutes or so.
  5. Pour over cooked chicken, stir to coat and serve hot.

No comments: