July 25, 2014

Popover's


One thing I remember from my childhood is my mom's baking.  She used to make the best homemade pizza's and dinner rolls.  Isn't it funny how some foods from so long ago are still the one's you compare all others to?

Well, she baked these popover's for us while I was in Oregon and they were delicious!  She doesn't bake much anymore but you'd never know it.  Very yummy and more importantly, they had the size that popovers are supposed to have.  I've made them before in a cupcake tin and I just didn't get the height that these had.  I think I need to invest in a popover tin.

A perfect popover is golden brown on top, almost hollow inside.  When you rip open the muffin it should have the perfect spot inside for some butter and jam.  Serve them hot!


Popovers
Recipe from Betty Crocker


Ingredients
  • 2 whole eggs
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 450º
  2. Generously grease 6 popover cups, or you can use muffin cups. They will rise higher in a popover pan.
  3. Use a medium bowl to beat eggs slightly, add the remaining ingredients and just stir until smooth. Do not over mix.
  4. Bake for 20 minutes and then reduce the heat to 350º and bake for another 20 minutes or until deep golden brown.
  5. Remove from the tin immediately.

No comments: