September 4, 2014

Cucumber Salad


I'm so looking forward to the weekend.  I'm just sayin', things have been tough this week.

I want it to be fall. Yet it's still like 90º here. Ugh.

OK, enough complaining.  Recently we had our Labor Day party in our neighborhood and I was too hot and tired to actually bake anything.  So I threw this together and brought it.  This was easy, and heat friendly.  Nothing in here will melt or go bad from the hot weather, making it a perfect picnic food!

I found that it was even better the next day.  The vinegar really has a chance to soak in and get better and better.  Very healthy and "diet friendly", definitely one to remember.

Cucumber Salad
Recipe modified slightly from Betty Crocker


Ingredients
  • 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1/3 cup cider or white vinegar
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • chopped fresh dill or parsley (optional)
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix all the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Refrigerate and stir or shake periodically.
  2. Keep refrigerated for at least 3 hours, overnight is best.

No comments: