September 15, 2014

Kids Favorite Brownies



Monday again. Can you believe it?

Guess what?

I'm either going to really help your week, or destroy it.

Brownies, it's what's for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Well, it SHOULD be.

Even though I'm on a diet and I can't exactly eat these, I did take a bite (for research purposes only, of course) just to make sure that I could write about this brownie with some first hand knowledge.  I mean, what kind of food blogger would I be if I didn't taste everything I made? Right?

So here it goes: Totally, completely, unequivocally DELICIOUS! I wish I'd made these prior to my diet because they are the perfect brownie for my tastes.  I don't like a lot of nuts in brownies and I love frosting on top.  The texture was perfection.  Not caky at all, just chewy and moist.  The frosting did just what it was supposed to do, sort of melt into the top layer.  The sweetness from the frosting was a perfect addition. I also liked that they make a 9x13 in dish, that way they aren't super thick but not thin either.  Why do some recipes only make an 8x8? That's only like 9 brownies!  Of course that would have made my resisting them much easier.

I made these for my daughter and some of her friends and the babysitter one night while I was going to be out. Considering that there weren't a whole lot of them left upon my return I'm going to assume they were a hit.  I also wrapped up the leftovers and sent them to a friends house to ensure I wouldn't eat them.

This is the perfect brownie for me!  I just love them!  Thanks "Cookies and Cups" for the recipe!!

Kids Favorite Brownies
Recipe from Cookies and Cups


Ingredients for Brownies
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 4 whole eggs
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
Ingredients for Frosting
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. Line a 9x13 inch dish with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray.
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the melted butter and cocoa powder and mix until smooth and no lumps.
  4. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix.
  5. Add the sugar and mix, then incorporate the flour. When smooth, pour into the prepared dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the middle is set (use a toothpick, when it comes out clean it's done).
  6. While the brownies are baking, make the frosting.
  7. Wash the bowl you were using for your stand mixer. Add the butter and cocoa powder and blend until smooth. Add the milk and confectioners' sugar and mix until smooth.
  8. Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes.
  9. Frost the brownies while they are still warm, the frosting will melt a little and that's just what you want. Let sit until cool. Cut and serve.

No comments: