December 1, 2014

Hash Brown Casserole



This is one of a couple of dishes that I brought to my friends house for Thanksgiving.  I've made similar recipes in the past but decided to try a new recipe for this special dinner.  I was impressed by it.  Creamy sauce combined with the sharpness from the sour cream and sharp cheddar. The onion flavor was prominent but not overpowering.  The crispy topping was delish.  There wasn't anything about this recipe that I would change. The nice thing about this recipe is that you can make it fairly quickly and it can be a side, main dish and even breakfast. 

Next time I make it I'll update the picture I took.  Sorry!  Sometimes my stomach overpowers my common sense.  
Hash Brown Casserole
Recipe from allrecipes


Ingredients
  • 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash browns, thawed
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (8 oz) container sour cream
  • 1/2 cup onion, chopped
  • 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 cups corn flakes cereal, crushed
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350º
  2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the corn flakes and the 1/4 cup of butter. Stir together. 
  3. Pour into a 3 quart casserole dish. 
  4. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the corn flakes and the 1/4 of butter and then sprinkle over the top of the casserole. 
  5. Bake covered for 40 minutes. 

No comments: