January 23, 2015

Buffalo Cauliflower Bites


Happy Friday everyone!

I'm glad to get this week over.  The cold weather has once again arrived and I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

During some of my many hours searching the Internet for recipe ideas, I stumbled up these yummy buffalo cauliflower bites.  I usually eat cauliflower raw but I love buffalo sauce so I thought I'd give this one a try.

The cauliflower gets dunked into a batter before you bake it.  Then you roll it around in a sauce as soon as it comes out of the oven.  Pretty much the same procedure as regular chicken wings although you probably don't use a "batter" with chicken.  Anyway, I thought they were delicious. You could pretty much put buffalo sauce on anything and I'd like it.

This would make a great snack for the Super Bowl.  I might even try it without the batter next time, just to cut off a few more calories.


Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Recipe from Skinny Taste


Ingredients
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 large head cauliflower, cut up. About 6 1/2 cups
  • 3/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
  • 1 Tbsp butter, melted
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 400º
  2. Spray a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick spray.
  3. Mix the water, flour and garlic powder together to make a batter.
  4. Dip the cauliflower into the batter until coated, you can scrape off the excess. Bake for 20 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile, mix the melted butter and Franks sauce together.
  6. After the cauliflower comes out of the oven, coat in the sauce mix and serve.

No comments: