January 8, 2015

Granma Pressley's World Best Cookies (Ranger Cookies)



Worlds best cookie? Well, I haven't eaten nearly enough cookies to decide if this is actually the worlds best or not.  I can tell you that it's pretty darn good.

Believe it or not, cookies can be made (and made well) without chocolate.  I know!  I was shocked too!

I was surfing Facebook one day when one of my friends posted this recipe.  It was her grandmothers recipe and she gave me permission to put it on my blog.  I'm so glad she did because I shared some with my neighbors (because this recipe makes a ton of cookies) and they all raved about them!  I find myself going back and then back again.  They are so buttery, the center is chewy but the edges are crispy.  All the flavors are really subtle but they work so well together.

The cookie itself is very light feeling, which is probably why I think I can just eat them continuously.  Make no mistake, they aren't diet food AT ALL!, but the texture is right on. And it helps if you tell yourself that oatmeal is good for you. ;)

Grandma Pressley's Worlds Best Cookie (Ranger Cookies)
Recipe from grandma Pressley via Cindy C. (Thanks for sharing your family recipe with me)


Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 whole egg
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup crushed cornflakes
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325º
  2. Cream the butter and both sugar's together in the bowl of your stand mixer until light and fluffy.
  3. Add the egg and incorporate.
  4. Add the oil and mix.
  5. Add the oats, cornflakes, coconut and pecans and mix well.
  6. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
  7. Form balls about the size of a walnut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  8. Flatten the balls using a fork dipped in water.
  9. Bake for 12 minutes.
  10. Makes about 18 dozen cookies.

No comments: