January 14, 2015

Natural Detox Drink




Every single ingredient in this drink has intense nutritional value.  I'm sure you've all heard about some of them individually so combining them together is basically just health in a glass.  

I'm not gonna lie.  This tastes exactly like the ingredients that are in it.  I don't taste the lemon juice that much but that's because the apple cider vinegar sort of takes over.  Luckily I like that vinegar tang but if you're not a fan I would opt for the larger glass of water and chug it. 

I also suggest using barely warm water, otherwise the honey sinks to the bottom and doesn't mix in as easily. 

I saw this recipe floating around Facebook (Conscience Life News) but here are a couple links that are very similar. 


I'm obviously not a health expert so try at your own risk!

Here's what I've discovered after using this drink for a week now.  It definitely is an appetite suppressant.  That could be in part because it's a pretty large glass of water that I chug almost all at once but I don't start to feel hungry again for about an hour after I drink it. I have also noticed that when I started to think I might be getting a cold, this drink wiped out my symptoms.

Oh and one more thing, I haven't had any heartburn at all.  I was thinking that with all this acidity that I might, but I've been good to go. No problems.

Natural Detox Drink



Ingredients
  • 12-16 oz water
  • 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar (organic is best, I use Braggs)
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice (organic if you can find it)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 Tbsp raw honey (local)
  • dash cayenne pepper (optional)
Cooking Directions
  1. Mix all the ingredients together and drink 3x's a day, 20 minutes prior to breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  2. Continue for 2 weeks.
  3. After 2 weeks switch to drinking it just 1x a day before breakfast or lunch.

No comments: