March 18, 2015

PW's Homemade Frappuccino




I don't even like coffee.  But I like coffee ice cream and this recipe is more like that flavor.  Creamy, chocolately, cold and delicious. 

Mind you, there is nothing skinny about this drink.  Think of it more as a drinkable dessert. I even made a tiny version for my daughter and she loved it.  I used decaffeinated coffee and didn't make it as strong as The Pioneer Woman suggested, mostly because I'm not a normal coffee drinker. 

You might be wondering why I even bothered trying this if I'm not a coffee drinker. 

Well, I like coffee ice cream.  I like the smell of coffee.  With enough cream and sugar poured in I'll even drink coffee on occasion. So, that's why I tried it.  I was having a hankering. I'm very glad I did try it because now I have a coffee drink that I actually like.  I might even try to order one at an actual coffee shop.  Baby steps. 


My daughters mini version.  She loved it!

PW's Homemade Frappuccino
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman


Ingredients
  • 12 ounces very strong coffee or espresso
  • 8 ounces whole milk (or any milk)
  • 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
  • whipped cream
  • 1/4 cup half-and-half (optional)
Cooking Directions
  1. Make the very strong coffee or espresso and refrigerate until cold.
  2. Mocha Frappuccino: Pour the coffee into a blender and add the milk, condensed milk, and vanilla extract.  Top off with ice and blend until smooth.  Add some additional half n half if you'd like to make it creamier. Top with whipped cream and some chocolate sauce. 
  3. Vanilla Frappuccino: Pour the coffee into a blender and add the milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract and chocolate syrup to the blender.  Top with ice and blend until smooth.  Add some additional half n half if you want it a little creamier. 
  4. Mocha Chip Frappuccino: Pour the coffee into a blender and add the milk, condensed milk, vanilla extract and chocolate syrup and chocolate chips to the blender. Top with ice and blend until smooth.  Add additional half n half to make it creamier. 

No comments: