October 13, 2015

Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


I have a weakness for cookies.

I have a weakness for caramel too.

These cookies were a perfect fit for me.  I did save myself some but I sent most of them to my gramma for her 95th birthday.  We both have a huge sweet tooth and I think caramel is right at the top of the list.

The cookies were the perfect chocolate chip cookie, chewy and delicious.  Add caramel to the combination and you have a little bit of heaven.  I have definetly got to try to stuff caramels into more cookies. ;)

Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Cake N Knife


Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup salted butter, softened
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 cups milk chocolate chips
  • 1 - 14 oz bag caramels, unwrapped
Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat the oven to 325º
  2. Line cookie sheets with Silpats or parchment paper
  3. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together and set aside. 
  4. In the bowl of your stand mixer add both sugars and the butter and beat until combined.
  5. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix. 
  6. Slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and blend on low until combined. 
  7. Add the chocolate chips and mix in using a spatula. 
  8. Use a cookie scoop to put a ball of dough into your hand, put a caramel square into the dough ball and then use your fingers to seal the opening shut. 
  9. Place seam side up on the cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Leave on the cookie sheet to cool a little before moving to a cooling rack. 
  10. Let cool a little before eating. 

No comments: