October 27, 2015

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


This might be my one and only pumpkin recipe this year.  I love pumpkin breads and muffins but I'm not a pumpkin pie fan.  I think its a texture thing for me.

Anyway, in my constant quest to find things for quick breakfasts I stumbled up this recipe.  Thank you Pinterest!  I figured since it had chocolate chips in it there was a pretty good chance my daughter would eat it, and I was right!  Yay!

I love how moist the bread is and how it stays that way even days later.  I store mine in a sealable plastic bag in the refrigerator and it's still as delicious as it was on day one.  The chocolate chips are great for obvious reasons but they do offer a little change in the texture and appearance too.  I'm thrilled with this bread and will make it again for sure.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread


Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark or light brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil, canola oil or melted coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. Lower the oven racks to the lower 3rd of the oven to prevent over browning.
  2. Preheat the oven to 350º
  3. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray, set aside
  4. In a large bowl add the first 6 ingredients and whisk together. 
  5. Mix the eggs and both sugars together in a medium bowl.  
  6. Add the pumpkin puree to the egg/sugar mixture.  
  7. Add the oil and orange juice to the wet mixture. 
  8. Combine the wet and dry mixes together, do not over mix. 
  9. Carefully add the chocolate chips. 
  10. Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes - tent aluminum foil loosely over the bread about halfway through baking to prevent over browning. 
  11. Begin checking for doneness at 55 minutes by using a toothpick in the center. 
  12. Remove from the oven and let cool before removing the bread from the loaf pan. 

No comments: