October 20, 2015

Vanilla White Chocolate Drops


When I go grocery shopping, I usually get stuck in the baking isle for a while.  I love the chips area because, hello, so many choices and possibilities (yes I'm aware I have a problem). I almost always have a bag of white chips in my pantry but I don't usually use them that often.

So there I was, cleaning the pantry, when I noticed this bag of white chips I needed to use.  Oh the excitement that ran through me (yeah I know, weird).

I jumped onto the Internet and did a quick search and quickly found these.  I was sort of unsure at first but the idea of making a cookie with no chocolate was intriguing. I mean, NO chocolate! Whoda thunk it?

Then, as I was reading I saw that the dough is best when it's been refrigerated for 48 hours.  What? Really? Apparently it works because these cookies were a hit.  The original recipe says you CAN of course cook them immediately but they tend to be a super sweet cookie at that point.  If you let the dough refrigerate for 48 hours it mellows the sweetness.  How bout that?

Well, obviously I didn't compare but the refrigerated cookies were delish!  I brought them to a football party this past weekend and they all disappeared.

I love this recipe and I will make them again.


Vanilla White Chocolate Drops
Recipe from King Arthur Flour


Ingredients
  • 6 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 2/3 unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups white chocolate chips
Cooking Directions
  1. In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar, beat until it is combined. 
  2. Add the eggs and vanilla and combine. 
  3. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the white chocolate chips) and mix well. 
  4. Add the white chocolate chips and stir with a spatula to combine.  Place the dough in a bowl with a lid and refrigerate for 48 hours. 
  5. Preheat the oven to 375º
  6. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpat's. 
  7. Use a small cookie scoop or a teaspoon to make a 1 inch ball and place on the cookie sheet. 
  8. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.  The cookies will remain pale in color but should be lightly golden brown on the bottom. 
  9. Let rest about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack. 

No comments: