January 6, 2016

No-Bake Energy Bites


I've tried a lot of these no-bake energy things and this one is my favorite so far. The others I've tried have all had banana in them and there's just something about it that isn't appealing to me.  Weird since I do like banana's.  Anyway, peanut butter is the way to go with these in my opinion.

The flavor is not too strong in any one area but they all blend perfectly together. I happen to love the chocolate chips in there.  I love how they change the texture a bit since they are cold.  The peanut butter flavor is right on and the oats make it chewy.  Great combination.

They are super easy to throw together (after you toast the coconut).  You'll be more energized after your workouts or even just a healthy snack. It is January after all so we're all trying to be a bit healthier and these will help.  Plus, they are surprisingly filling.

I'm glad I tried this recipe and for now, it's my favorite energy snack.

No-Bake Energy Bites
Recipe from bakingwithblondie


Ingredients
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/3 cups toasted coconut flakes (unsweetened)
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup ground flax seed
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cooking Directions
  1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all of the ingredients and mix well on the low speed.
  2. Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes.
  3. Roll into 1 inch balls and keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator.

No comments: